Lemon Scented Laundry Powder
1/2-4 tablespoons essential oil (Rosemary, Lavender, Orange, and Tea Tree also work great)
1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda
1 bar soap
1. Mix oil and borax thoroughly by hand. A blender also works great, but the oil will
leave a residue that is hard to clean.
2. Use a grater and shave the bar of soap (I like Dr. Bronners) into fine pieces.
3. Mix above two ingredients with washing soda (available in grocery stores) Note:
This is different from Baking Soda!
4. Store in air-tight containers, and use 1-2 tablespoons per load.
Rosemary Stain Pretreatment
1/2-4 tablespoons Rosemary Essential Oil
1 cup dishwashing liquid
1. Combine essential oil with dishwashing liquid in spray bottle
2. Apply to stains on damp fabric and scrub gently. Allow to set for 20 minutes, then
wash in cold water.
*This works great on a number of different stains. Be sure to use cold water, as hot water sets stains.
~Kristin Henningsen, M.S., R.Y.T.